Jul 8, 2011

Cute Correspondence

I just sent a thank you note to our hosts from last weekend for a fantastic time.  Call me Emily Post, if you must, but I believe that hand-written notes of gratitude are the best way to say thanks.  Writing on someone's Facebook wall, 'Hey thanks for the awesome time! You guys are great!' just isn't the same as a proper note.  
There is something so wonderful about fine papers, a cheerful stamp, and sending a card via postman to your sender.  It's old-fashioned and charming, and really indicative of well-intended thoughts.

The note I sent today was from one of my favorite sets of cards by the artist Carol Boeddiker.  A row of colorful mailboxes along a wooden plank seem so apropos for my postman-delivered gratefulness.  Aren't they so country-cute and happy!

My Carol Boeddiker notecards.  The perfect little correspondence cards. 
Carol's work is charming and cheerful.  She illustrates and watercolors designs depicting holidays, flowers & landscapes and animals.  Her forte is pet portraiture.  How fun is that?!




The company accepts custom orders, and they'd be glad to hear from you to discuss your desired illustration.  Tell them Whitney from Consider Yourself At Home sent you!  I foresee many of you ordering custom baby announcement cards, thank you notes and pet portraits by Carol!

Now I'm off to the mailbox to drop off my cute card!  Have a charming Friday!

Cheers,
Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...