Oct 20, 2011

Faux For It

It seems that everyone is blogging about Autumn in the past week, but I'm not complaining.  It's my favorite season, and the imagery conjured up by the yummy keywords of Autumn put me in a happy place.  Lauren of Pure Style Home blogged about sprucing up your home for fall here, and her post included adding some fur to your decor.  Which got me thinking...
















Source: cspost.com via Whitney on Pinterest





Fur is a touchy subject for people.  According to Humane Society International, over 8 million wild animals are trapped yearly for fur, while more than 30 million are raised in fur farms.  I don't want to be a bummer about this, but these are facts.  I could get all existential and political about this, but my intentions are good, and since this post is about warming up your home with touches of [faux] fur as seasonal decor, I'll get back on track. 

The bottom line is that faux fur is a divine alternative to real fur, and I'd suggest using faux fur in any of these lovely scenarios above to stay cozy and chic without any little chinchilla ghosts cramping your conscience. 

Have a cozy day my friends.
Cheers,
Whitney

1 comment:

Cam Faulkner said...

Loved reading thiis thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...