Nov 7, 2011

Tick Tock

When we woke up yesterday morning, we had an extra hour.  I love 'falling back,' even though the seemingly mid-afternoon darkness takes a bit of time, and psychological coaxing, to accept. 
Going around my home and changing all my clocks, I realized that I have many, many clocks.  I have at least two clocks in each room.  Wall clocks are great and can be sculptural, while table clocks are often lovely little vintage accessories.

I counted them all yesterday and, in our 1,000 sq ft apartment, we have 9 clocks. Overboard? Sure. The most relied-upon clock in my place is the wall clock in my bathroom. The bathroom!?!?  That seems funny to many people, but for a gal like me who can easily spend 15 minutes lazily doing my makeup and hair, the clock keeps me on track. 

I love retro clocks that look very 1940s or 50s.  But the selection for cool decor clocks are seemingly endless, no matter your budget or style preference.  I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to my favorite timekeeping devices.


Source: llbean.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Source: houzz.com via Whitney on Pinterest


Source: cspost.com via Whitney on Pinterest


Source: google.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Whitney on Pinterest




Source: westelm.com via Whitney on Pinterest



Hope your time-change went well this weekend, and that you spent some time admiring your timepieces.
Cheers,
Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...